Paris Saint-Germain director of football Leonardo has denied that the big-spending club have made any move towards signing Wayne Rooney from Manchester United. Rooney's omission from the Manchester United starting line-up for the defeat to Real Madrid sparked widespread speculation
over his immediate future.
Some reports linked the England forward with a move to the Qatari-backed Parisians, with the Times suggesting last month that a big-money offer for the 27-year-old could be tabled in the summer.
But Leonardo - who said "the door is always open" - was adamant that no discussions had taken place.
Speaking at UEFA's headquarters in Nyon after the Champions League quarter-final draw,he said: "Rooney, if he wanted to come, that's something we'd be very happy about.
"Rooney is one of the best players in the world. But we never did
anything, we never talked to anybody and, if one day we decide to, the
first ones to know that will be Manchester United.
"It's not the case now - there is nothing, nothing, nothing. We have not moved for any other player."
He said former Manchester United player David Beckham "is very happy in
Paris", adding: "He is playing in a team that has big ambitions for the
future, and he will be very important for us."
Wayne Rooney is proving he is among the best players in the world. Is he better than Ronaldo and Messi? He plays for Manchester United in the Premier League and England.
Friday, 15 March 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
About Me
- Sven Cooke
- I am a UK based internet marketeer. I make extra income on line using niche websites to promote Affiliate Products http://www.moneymakingblog.co.uk
No comments:
Post a Comment